Expectant Parent Adoption Liaison-Good Shepherd Children & Family Services
Available Date: Immediately
Qualifications: The position requires a passion for promoting awareness of the life giving option of infant adoption. Skill and a comfort level in networking and forming relationships with referral sources is essential to this position.
Required skills and abilities include:
• strong ability to develop rapport with clientele;
• excellent communication skills;
• ability to present adoption education in professional settings
• creativity in outreach strategies
• understanding of the emotional and physical impact of pregnancy; prenatal and infant development.
• The ability to present and explore the birth options of parenting or adoption
• ability to develop collaborative relationships with referral sources
• flexible and the ability to adjust a work schedule around the needs of clients.
• well organized and the ability to work independently.
This position provides all services in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church. A commitment to the sanctity of human life is a requirement of this position.
This position requires travel to and from clients home; a reliable vehicle and valid Drivers license is required.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelors Degree in Social Work and 3 years experience in direct service positions with target population or a Masters Degree in Social Work or related field. Prior experience related to infant adoption is strongly preferred. LCSW supervision is available.
Job Description: The Expectant Parent /Adoption Liaison is the primary source of contact for referral sources related to adoption planning cases. As such, this position will focus on developing strong working relationships with hospitals, schools, prenatal clinics, adoption facilitators and other referral sources. This position includes the responsibility to create and implement a plan to raise awareness about infant adoption within the agency and the community at large. This position will also provide direct service to Expectant Parent clients exploring adoption planning.
Pay Range: This is a part time position with the possibility of growth into a full time position within the year. 20 to 25 hours per week to start with the ability to be flexible in the scheduling of those hours; may include some weeknight/weekend hours at times. Salary is competitive based on experience
To Apply, send a cover letter and resume via email to:
Director of Community Services
1340 Partridge Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63130