You’re not alone. 45% of US pregnancies are unplanned.
It’s hard to consider becoming a mother when you weren’t planning on it now.
However, as you explore your options, you’ll come to the best decision for you and your child.
This journey takes courage and strength…and Good Shepherd’s team is here to come alongside you with compassion, dignity, and birth options counsel so you can take the time you need to make a fully-informed decision.
Whether you choose to parent or make an adoption plan, we have resources and support for you!
Want to talk with a team member now and learn more? A compassionate specialist is available to answer questions and provide education about the option of adoption at any point in your pregnancy or parenting journey. Call or text 314-724-8417 or fill out this form and we will get in touch with you.
Pregnant or Parenting and Considering Adoption? Contact Us Below:
Want to Learn More About Adoption?
We invite you to consider your options with us and learn more about the often overlooked option of open adoption today. No coercion. The decision is yours.
What’s your response when you hear the word ADOPTION?
You may think adoption is giving up your child, or having your child taken away. You may have thought or heard people say, “I could never put my child up for adoption.” There’s a lot of baggage around adoption from the past.
Click here for answers to some of our most commonly-asked questions.
A New Way of Thinking: Moving from Shame to HOPE
- Birth moms often felt shame and were outcasts
- Babies were taken away against a mother’s will in full secrecy
- Birth moms had no ability to have contact with their child ever again
- Birth moms gain hope, contentment and joy amidst this hard decision to place
- Birth moms can connect with other birth moms openly and share their stories
- Birth moms have a voice and the power to choose to make an adoption plan
- Birth moms have the option of openness where they can choose the adoptive couple, receive pictures and updates of their baby as they grow throughout the years, and even visits with their child
- Birth moms can have an ongoing relationship with their child
- Adoptees can have access to important health information
- Adoptees can learn their story
We are a trusted partner through Bravelove, an organization whose mission it is to change the perception of adoption through honest, informative, and hopeful communication that conveys the heroism and bravery a birth mother displays when she places her child with a loving family for adoption. To learn about Bravelove, visit www.bravelove.org.
Click here to watch a 1 min. film from Bravelove entitled “Why Adoption” and hear from other birth moms who have made adoption plans.