Please help us in welcoming Ron Steinkamp, one of our three newest board members at Good Shepherd. Ron has been married to his wife Maria for 29 years and has four children: Kristen, Megan, Nick and Joshua. Ron is a Partner at Brown Smith Wallace and graduate of SLUH high school and the University of Missouri School of Accountancy. From a young age Ron has been active in his parish and has always felt a stong pull to help families and children. He is a valuable and active new board member we are excited to bring onto our team.
- What was your first job? “My first job was working summers at my parish/school – Immaculate Heart of Mary – in South St. Louis when I was 14. I cut the grass, trimmed bushes, cleaned the church and school, got the school ready for the new year (scrubbing floors, painting rooms, etc.) and anything else the pastor requested.”
- What’s something new you’ve learned this year? “I have become a Microsoft Teams expert. I’ve learned how to work virtually and manage staff from home through the COVID pandemic.”
- What is your favorite quote, passage, or proverb?Matthew 19:14 – Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
- Why did you choose to be part of the Good Shepherd board? “I feel a strong pull toward assisting organizations that support families and children, and the work that Good Shepherd does is critical.”
- What makes Good Shepherd uniquely positioned to help children and families? “In these troubling times, I believe the mission and values of Good Shepherd position us for success. If everyone followed the Good Shepherd values, the world would be a much better place.”